SysRq-Every Light In the World SysRq-Every Light In the World

Nice juxtaposition.

the piano against the light but still dnbish beat works out nicely, especially with the random ambient sounds going off.

Excellent break at 2:24

Hypnotic. The ending could be fancier, but it's almost better being more humble and simple.

~Qwerty

Cast Off~! (W-I-P) Cast Off~! (W-I-P)

Optimistic.

very optimistic up to 1:15, after that it gets more serious, perhaps tragedy strikes.

is this supposed to be for an actual game, or is it just that kind of song?

Not to sure on the outro, but it does it's job.

Sounding good!

Maltloaf responds:

I tend to write as if I *was* writing for a game - I find it helps to keep a focus.

That said, this one wasn't written for anything in particular. Sometimes they work better that way, different people can pull different meanings out of them to suit themselves. :)

As always, thanks for commenting.
-Malt.

Midnight Blue (RPGish) Midnight Blue (RPGish)

Lovely. Absoloutely Lovely.

I can't quite place what game this sounds like it's from, besides generic Final fantasy, of course i've only played through FF1 and FF9. :\

Drums worked very well. I like the strings holding their own around 2:00

EQ seems fine. It's a lot easier with quieter songs, because it's a lot easier to avoid clipping. The Bass could perhaps be louder in 2:40ish. Maybe even just throw it down an octave. seems okay the way it is, too, though.

Love them bells.

It loops practically seamlessly. it would probably be a bad outro if it were just a song, but I'm sure you could easily write a solo bell outro if you wanted to.

Maltloaf responds:

It's based on one of the tracks from FF7 that's used in a few spots. I won't say where because I don't trust myself not to leave spoilers.

The Bell/organ hybrid sound they used in that track is pretty distinctive. It's one of Rolands sound banks, and if they used the same kit for their other games, it wouldn't surprise me if it turns up in their other games too. :)

So of course, when I realised I had the same sound bank installed I knew what I had to do... >_>

That said, thanks for the review(s). I'll look into the bass bit and see if I can bring that out a little. :P

End of the Universe End of the Universe

Excellent mood setting

it's perfect for the end of your album. the part you listen to after you've fallen asleep halfway through. :P

One thing that isn't necessarily, bad, but that I do notice alot in your music is that thing seem to follow the same patterns quite a lot. Like the piano in the beginning for instance.

I do love the use of the slayer (or whatever is doing the main riffs in the second half), even though again, it follows the same basic pattern.

For the outro, I normally don't like just straight fades, but because of the repetition and arpegiating, and the placement in the album, it works quite well.

Milky Way Blues 8-Bit Edition Milky Way Blues 8-Bit Edition

Interesting

Nice version. I prefer the original of course, but this is nice, and this kind of thing is a great exercise. much different from your usual work, as far as voicing goes.

before the bass comes in, for that first measure, it sounds like it could be a hip hop beat. :P

~Qwerty

Intro/Title Screen O.M.E.G.A. Intro/Title Screen O.M.E.G.A.

good and solid

could use some leveling. At least the drums seem to be causing clipping.

Other than that, it's very solid, albeit a bit much like most of your songs on Journey To The Cosmos. Having an identifiable sound is good, but don't be afraid to try different things.

Of course, this is just the intro/title, I"m sure we'll get more varied themes for boss fights, love themes, comic relief, and minigame sections :P

Love Outside of Sirius A Love Outside of Sirius A

Truly does encapsulate your music.

I like your bass work, It's an interesting combination of ambient stuff with the plucky thing, and the slayer, which you use very effectively.

One suggestion I have though is definitely look into different soundfonts. I'm not sure how many you use, but the voices sound like mostly things that come with FL. Which is fine, but especially for drums, you want to move away from the FPC.

The outro leaves much to be desired, but I'm really picky about outros, and they aren't easy.

Mystical Spongee Groove Mystical Spongee Groove

Nice and Funky

So I'm really good at not showing up on the internet for a while. X(

but this is very good. How much did the gorilla cost? The one grunting :P

~Qwerty

Climb The Wall (Full Length) Climb The Wall (Full Length)

Doesn't seem to be much clipping

but then again it's very quiet. Some of the perc seems to take over at this volume, because it's at a higher frequency. As far as over-doing it it seems good and varied.

I gotta say though, working with just MIDI seems kind of limiting to me. I've not done much with it myself, but I'm fairly certain programs like Fruity Loops, Acid, Reason, and so on give you more options, if not just in the effects department.

the writing of it looks fine, but it doesn't really 'sound' good. I guess.

Maltloaf responds:

Thanks for commenting. :)

I had a look into FL following someone elses suggestion not too long ago - it turns out that my machines too old to get fruity up and running. Just hangs as its trying to set itself up. :(

I'll look into the other two. :)

The comment on the drums is interesting though - I actually turned them up as someone else said they were too weak - and the only way I could do that without clipping was to make everything else a little quieter. :/

I'll turn them back down and wait till I get some more feedback on this I think. :)

Edit : Re-render complete and uploaded. Thanks~!

Crash Course. Crash Course.

I like the beat!

This is a nice varied piece. Definitely like the acoustic parts. I like how it has a little strings, a little techno, and the rock guitar. Outro is very well written. could be a bit smoother.